Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Oh, Dell, Wherefore Art Thou?

Our yearly Mother's Day campout is coming up shortly. Like this week. Whee! With almost thirty folks this year! Since I'll be short on cooking utensils and food (having just picked up Lady Rose on our way TO the campout), I asked if it were o.k. to bring the music. And perhaps make a few mix tapes (or more properly, mix CD's) for my dear friends.

I know I shouldn't copy music, but the vast majority of the songs on the CD would be considered in the public domain. I assume music works the same way as literature, that after a certain amount of time, it belongs to the public. Can't think of maybe one or two songs that are newer than fifty years. It's part of the Victorian deal.

Anyway, I found out that even though I have spent much, much money at iTunes over the years, I can only make seven copies of songs on CD. No good. Naturally, the CD burning software we owned I just threw out during one of my rare fits of cleaning. Which is why I try to avoid picking up the house whenever possible. (This is a lie. My home looks like a "before" episode of  "Hoarders" right now, and it is driving even ME up a wall. I cannot wait until I get all the camping stuff into the appropriate travel trailers, and can sell the rest so I can do a thorough cleaning of my home.)

Research, research, research. Finally found an old piece of software on the Dell site that looks like it will fit the bill. Cheap and without frills. And can be downloaded, so I'll have time to take care of things before the trip. Paid for it, and waited the thirty minutes it was supposed to take to process.

Mr. George and I drove out to get some final needed items for the trip, so when we got back I checked again to see if the software link had arrived. Nope. Checked the Dell site. I don't have any open orders. As a matter of fact, I don't have any orders at all. Uh Oh. This is starting to not sound good.

But "Chat" is open 24/7! So I'll just access it, and get all this foolishness taken care of! Except when I did get to Chat, it told me that Chat was closed, and the hours were Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. CST.

Listen, folks. Either you're open 24/7, or you aren't. You can't have it both ways.

Unless, evidently, you work in India..........

2 comments:

klbexplores said...

Hello Miss Lynnie..... Karen from glampers.... thought I would follow along with you so I can keep up with you when I shove off full timing in 9 days!!! Whoa.... it seems like yesterday when I started this journey. Anyways I don't want to miss a thing with you or Lady Rose.... Can't wait for the pics!!

Duchess Lynnabelle said...

I am SO jealous that you are down to 9 days! Someday....but work and the associated bennies will be keeping me in Pig's Eye for a while longer. YOUR blog was the incentive for me to try Blogger again, so I'll be keeping my eyes on you again, too!