Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fur Kids Are Just Like Human Kids

Piffle.

We were supposed to have left this morning on our way to pick up Lady Rose tomorrow. All the preparations were made. Since we won't have a camper to put anything in for the first leg of the trip (the leg to pick up Rose), we had to come up with some sort of idea for extra space for our Horse Team (Jeep Liberty). A visit to the store that used to be known as Northern Hydraulics, and POOF! We are the owners of a cargo carrier that fits into the hitch receiver. And will carry 500 pounds.

I pruned and repacked and pruned some more.....until I'm fairly confident we have the essentials we will need for a few days of camping. They are in four, sort of equal size, plastic containers. The additional accessories (chairs, Instant Set-up screen enclosure, etc) will fit on top of the containers and be held on with a spider bungee. Car is oiled, lubed, checked out and gassed up. Food ready to be packed. Clothes selected and in luggage. All set.

 But guess what? We are still at home.

Woke up this morning to the sound of Georgous telling me that he thought our Princess was sick. She had stopped halfway down the steps and relieved herself right there and then without making it outside. Not normal for her at all. So to the vet she must go.

Just like a human kid, it always happens at the least convenient time. But there's nothing can be done, except let Rose's foster parents know we are going to be a day late, and use today to rest up a little.

Trying to be philosophical, there are a bundle of medications this Duchess has to take on a daily basis. I haven't been sleeping well AT ALL, and figured it was due to excitement about actually getting Lady Rose, and getting to camp again with my buddies. Nope. Going through my meds, one at a time, I noticed I was missing one. That, as one of its effects, helps me sleep. When we tried to get it filled on Monday, first they said they could get me enough to get me through the week, then said they couldn't get me any until at least 10:00 this morning.

Between Roxie getting sick, and me not being able to get my meds, I figure there is a reason the Great Camper In The Sky doesn't want us leaving today. So I am going to try and take a nap to catch up on some of the lost sleep.

And look forward to leaving early in the morning!


0 comments: