Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Lady Rose Will Finally Be Coming Home!

 
This is the best picture I have right now of the Lady. I'll replace it with a better one in a few days!
 
After many weeks of trying, even after my Gracious Glamper Pals told me how very easy it was, I have finally figured out this blogging deal, just in time to document the first days of Lady Rose and her journey.

It has not been pretty for Your Humble Correspondent. Word Press seemed to be the way to go. A truly wonderful YouTube video was recommended to me, and I got stuck on the third instruction. This should have served as a clue. Just as a nod to Corporate America, HostGator continues to bill your account (but they don't send you any bill) until you follow the exact steps to cancel outlined in their Terms and Conditions. I know, I know, it is horrifying, but I rarely read T&C's. So I had racked up quite a bill with them from the last time I had tried the blogging deal. Like $300.00. That I had to pay off before continuing on my way.

Things just continued to get worse from there. Finally, I had a blog online and was actually putting words into it. But, ever The Perfectionist I am, they were too small to read and the lines were too close together (once a Graphic Designer, always a Graphic Designer). After several evenings of research, I finally discovered that the only way to change font size with Word Press is to start messing around with code. And from there on, any instructions given may as well have been written in Ancient Peruvian Sanskrit. Didn't understand a word.

I have become what I once despised - a clueless Elder.

But here I am now, online and blogging just like the rest of the Proper Ladies. My Lady Rose has been away for almost a year, being worked on according to my instructions. I was supposed to have her with me LONG before now, but the Winter of 2012-2013 (or, as we are calling it in the Upper Midwest, "The Winter That Will Not Die") has interfered with a major snowstorm every time a pickup was scheduled. My health can take no more cancellations - this Wednesday we are picking her up FOR SURE!

The trip alone is sure to be equal to the Titanic's for sheer drama. Although I do hope we do not capsize in Lake Michigan. Our Family Chauffer, Mr. Gorgeous George (of the Not So Famous Lord Lawrence of Leadfoot clan) has stated repeatedly his objection to camping and nature. And after collecting Lady Rose, we are immediately heading to a camping trip with many friends. Neither of our fur children, Princess Roxanne or Sir Winston of the Bookcase, has ever been camping. Or on a long car trip, as far as we know.

So I may end up with much to blog about.

The Duchess Lynnabelle